In Massachusetts, 26 broadband providers are offering the benefit. The benefit is available to eligible new, prior, and existing customers of participating providers.
If Eligible, This Program Covers:
- Up to a $50 per month discount on your broadband service and associated equipment rentals
- Up to a $75 per month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)
Who is Eligible?
- Households that qualify for Lifeline
- Household income at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines
- Any member in the household participates in one of these programs
- SNAP, Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income, Federal Public Housing Assistance, or Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit;
- Participate in several Tribal specific programs;
- Substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020, due to job loss or furlough AND total income for 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers;
- Received a federal Pell Grant in the current award year;
- Received free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program, and that provider received FCC approval for its eligibility verification process
How to Apply?
- Applicants can apply online here
- Fill out a physical copy, in English or Spanish, and send it with proof off eligibility to
- Lifeline Support Center
- P.O. Box 7081
- London, KY 40742
Disclaimer: This resource comes as a courtesy from ASNCM. You are hereby notified that Aging Services of North Central Massachusetts does not recommend, guarantee, or assume liability for the performance or lack thereof, for any of the resources listed.
Compiled by the Information & Referral at Aging Services of North Central Massachusetts. (Updated annually 5/2021; revised 5/2021)