What is Meals on Wheels?
- MOC’s (Making Opportunity Count) Meals on Wheels program provides meals to elders who need help preparing their meals and are unable to join community dining setting because of health reasons or lack of transportation
- Each meal meets one third of the USDA’s Daily Recommended Dietary Allowances for adults and is appropriate for a “no salt added” diet
- For people who have problems eating regular food due to medical conditions, special meals can be prepared and delivered with a prescription from a doctor. Please ask for further information on these special meals
Who is eligible?
- Applicants must be 60 years or older and homebound due to medical conditions or lack of transportation
How much does it cost?
- A voluntary, confidential contribution of $3.00 per meal to help cover costs is suggested.
- Once a month they will send a contribution request letter and pre-addressed stamped envelope to program participants.
How to sign up?
- Call MOC at 978-345-8501 ext. 2 to sign up or get more information
Disclaimer: This resource comes as a courtesy from ASNCM. You are hereby notified that Aging Services of North Central Massachusetts does not recommend, guarantee, or assume liability for the performance or lack thereof, for any of the resources listed.
Compiled by the Information & Referral at Aging Services of North Central Massachusetts. (Updated annually 8/2021; revised 8/2021)