ADA Paratransit MART
- Shared ride service door-to-door transportation from origin to destination for ADA eligible individuals. Costs are by town and can be found here
- Must complete Paratransit application here http://www.mrta.us/sites/default/files/pdf/ADA APPLICATION FINAL May 2017.pdf
- Assessment for permanent disabilities, every 48 months and for temporary disabilities, every 12 months
- The ADA Paratransit handbook can be found here
- Additional fact sheet on ADA Paratransit will be attached below
MART Boston and Worcester Shuttles
- Shuttle routes that stop at Fitchburg Intermodal and Leominster Senior Center before going to Boston or Worcester locations including major hospitals
- For 60+ the fair $10.00 each way and PCAs are $6.00 for Boston and $5.00 for Worcester
- Both shuttles are free for Veterans with proper ID and Veteran PCAs
- For more information check out the shuttle brochure here
- Additional fact sheet on MART Boston and Worcester shuttle will be attached below
- MART Subscription Service is a pre-paid curb-to-curb service for Gardner (only within Gardner), Leominster, and Fitchburg (both twin cities can within and to each other’s cities). Costs are up to $.75 per ride
- Anyone can sign up at the senior centers in Gardner, Leominster, or Fitchburg
- More information can be found here or you can call 978-345-7711 x3 for more information
- Additional fact sheet on MART Subscription Service will be attached below
Medicaid Transportation (PT-1)
- Call MART (local MassHealth Transportation Broker) 800-854-9928, 866-834-9991, or 866-834-9992
- MassHealth provides free nonemergency transportation (i.e., doctor’s appointments, counseling, day habilitation) and emergency ambulance services.
- MART requests at least 3 business days advance notice during normal business hours of 7:00am and 7:00pm whenever possible.
- Call MassHealth Customer Service 1-800-841-2900 for qualifications or exceptions to these guidelines.
Veterans Transportation Service (VTS)
- This free service can pick up any Veteran in Massachusetts and bring them to VA appointments
- Service is available Monday-Friday 7 AM to 4:30 PM but the service fills up fast so any Veteran should try to give at least a week notice to make sure they can get a ride
- This service is door-to-door, and a person can bring along a PCA but they must let the Transportation Coordinator know before so they can request the correct vehicle size
- If a Veteran needs a ride to a VA appointment they can call: 413-584-4040 x2217 or x2218
- A family member or their nursing facility can call for them if the Veteran cannot
- Additional fact sheet on Veteran Transportation Service will be attached below
Ride Match Resource
- Online search engine for transportation
- Put in city or future date and time to schedule a trip and it will pull up all transportation options
- It will bring up public and private options with important restrictions, times, and prices
- The website can be found at https://massridematch.org/ and a video showing how it works can be found here
Council Of Aging Van Services
- Every Council of Aging (COA) in our service area also has a van service for older adults
- See additional page below for each town’s COA Van Policy, hours, and costs.
- Call 1-855-464-6872 (1-855-GOGO-USA) or go online to gogograndparent.com.
- Order a Lyft or Uber ride for anyone 18+ years from any phone; no smart phone required.
- New services now available include restaurant meal delivery, grocery delivery, and prescription pick-up. Monthly membership of $9.99 fee now applies but can be cancelled anytime: 30-day free trial available. A $0.27/minute (from start to end of ride) concierge fee is added to the Uber or Lyft ride charge.
- GoGo Grandparent will arrange and monitor the ride. Family members with a smart phone will receive text messages on ride status. Call 24/7 to reach live representative or use automated set-up.
- Schedule a ride via UBER app or online (www.uber.com).
- Driver’s name, photo, type of vehicle, license plate sent to APP.
- Available 24/7. Private payrates dependent on type of vehicle, destination, and ride demand.
- Schedule a ride via LYFT or online (www.lyft.com). Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Private pay rates dependent on type of vehicle, destination, and ride demand
Disclaimer: This resource comes as a courtesy from ASNCM. You are hereby notified that Aging Services of North Central Massachusetts does not recommend, guarantee, or assume liability for the performance or lack thereof, for any of the resources listed.
Compiled by the Information & Referral at Aging Services of North Central Massachusetts. (Updated annually 5/2021; revised 5/2021)